Adding feta cheese and mushrooms gives these flounder fillets a boost.
- 8 large baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbls. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbls. crumpled feta cheese
- 4 large flounder fillets
- lemon wedges
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbls. lemon juice
- Capers as garnish (optional)
- Pre-Heat Oven 350 degrees
- Add vegetable oil to heated saute pan and add garlic cooking for about 1 minute just to soften. Add mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes then add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove pan from heat and drain the excess liquid from the pan. Sprinkle the feta cheese over mixture and gently mix together.
- Lay out the fillets and place the mixture at one end of each fillet (do not put too much) then carefully roll up, securing with toothpicks.
- Place roll-ups seam side down in buttered baking dish, add a dab of butter to the top of each fillet and then add 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and water and cover with foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until fish flakes easily and is opaque. Season with pepper to taste and if you add a few capers (optional) you won’t need much salt.
Serve with lemon wedges and your favorite side dish. I made brown rice with chopped fresh tomatoes and parsley.