I just made these delicious mushroom bacon appetizers on the grill and everyone flipped over them. They were so easy to prepare and even easier to eat. They are just the right size appetizer to serve for a larger group also.
I didn’t get a picture of these because everyone started eating them before I had a chance to plate them.
I’ll make them again and hopefully I’ll be able to get a picture before the hounds start chowing down.
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 12 bacon strips (cut in half)
- 1 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- Metal or wood skewers (soak wood skewers in water for 20 minutes before use)
- Wrap each mushroom with a slice of bacon secure with a toothpick.
- Place mushrooms onto skewers leaving about an inch at each end of skewer.
- Brush with bbq sauce and grill over medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp and mushrooms are tender. Turn skewers and baste with bbq sauce every 3-5 minutes or as needed.
I hope you have a chance to try them.