Irish Coffee and corned beef with beer is on my mind With St. Patrick’s Day just a few days away.
If you never had corned beef and cabbage this is the perfect time to try something new. It’s not a complicated dish to prepare and if you cook it in the slow cooker it’s a ‘set it and forget it’ meal.
If you follow me you know I often cook with wine but do not use beer as often. Though I must say that I do like using beer in the corned beef thanks to my son-in-law who gave me his recipe to try. Here is the link for the Corned Beef and Cabbage with Beer.
Now let’s concentrate on the Irish Coffee, it is one of my very favorite flavored coffees. Many years ago there was a terrific Irish Pub in our area that served many traditional Irish recipes. The food was excellent but my take away from way back was the Irish coffee after dinner.
I make Irish Coffee only when we have corned beef and cabbage, it’s sort of a tradition. If you enjoy flavored coffee then do serve Irish Coffee for dessert.
- six ounces of fresh brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- 1 1/2 ounces of your favorite Irish whiskey
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Whip the heavy cream and refrigerate until ready to serve the coffee.
- Brew your favorite coffee and add the whiskey and sugar and mix well until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the whipped cream from the fridge and place on top of the hot coffee.