I wanted to make a layer of dark chocolate and top with white chocolate, but I didn’t have much luck getting the two chocolates to stick together.
So I just made white chocolate — which for me is better because I only need to have one small bite and my sugar craving is satisfied.
Even though I’m a dark chocolate lover I have to say I enjoy the white chocolate bark. The peppermint flavor along with the crunchiness of the candy canes makes this a delicious holiday treat.
Chocolate bark is easy to make. It took me less than 20 minutes from start to clean-up then it just needed to chill in the fridge for a while. Mine was thin so chill time was very short, about 10-15 minutes.
This recipe is not an exact science. You can use as much or as little of any ingredients you choose.
I remade this bark and used green and red peppermint candy canes. They were calling me this year.
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 4 oz. of white baking chocolate
- 6-10 mini candy canes chopped
- 1/4 cup dried fruits – this is optional (cherries, cranberries, apricots)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts optional (almonds, walnuts, pecans)
- Melt the the chocolate over a double boiler
- Add most of the amount of the chopped ingredients to the melted chips and stir.
- Spread the melted chips evenly on parchment lined cookie sheet. Then sprinkle the remaining chopped ingredients over the top of the melted chips. Tap them lightly so they set into the melted chips but are still sitting on top (not fully covered in chips). Then set aside to chill.
- When fully chilled, break apart into chunks
A Sweet Treat to enjoy this holiday season!
I’ve shared this with: