Vanilla Cupcakes Wearin’ The Green is a delicious Irish Cream Frosted cupcake for celebrating.
What could be better than Irish Cream frosting on a moist vanilla cupcake to enjoy with family and friends.
They are delicious with a cup of Irish Coffee.
You can use your favorite cupcake or muffin recipe or try this recipe I used which is from my old Good Housekeeping cookbook – you can’t go wrong with a tried and true Good Housekeeping recipe from the 1960’s.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1¼ cups sugar (you can substitute stevia)
- 1¼ cups milk
- 3 TBLS. avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 4 TBLS. butter, softened
- ½ cup ⅓ Less Fat Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 3 TBLS. Irish Cream creamer (non-alcoholic)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- green food coloring (I used gel instead of liquid)
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl add all the ingredients.
- Using an electric mixer mix on medium speed mix until all ingredients are well blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl to be sure all the batter is incorporated.
- Fill the muffin pan about half-full (G.H. warns "dont' over-fill") .
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Bake 11 minutes for mini cupcakes.
- Cool on wire racks before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in small bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add in the creamer and mix until blended and gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
These vanilla cupcakes wearin the green will add a little more color to your St. Patrick’s Day!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
You might also enjoy these festive treats:
I’ve shared this with: