Frozen yogurt is certainly a refreshing treat for the dog days of summer.
This is a simple frozen yogurt recipe to make with an ice cream machine. You can have soft serve frozen yogurt in 20 minutes. I love making this mid-afternoon for the boys.
Use your favorite add-ins to make it special. I love chocolate but I had an opened bag of Heath Bar Crunch bits from a cookie recipe so I decided to use it as my add in.
You can freeze the soft-serve frozen yogurt by placing the mixture in an air-tight freezer container and freeze approximately 2 hours.
To serve remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature 10 to 30 minutes – or leave out for as long as it will take to reach the desired serving consistency.
- 2 cups plain full fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups Heath Bar Crunch bits
- Mix together the yogurt, sugar and vanilla.
- Add to the ice cream machine and churn according to mfr.’s directions.
- When ready remove the yogurt to a large container and stir in the Heath Bar Crunch and serve.
- If it's too soft, return to the freezer for 20 minutes and serve.