Pistachio Pineapple Salsa is a delicious and easy recipe for the Keep Kool in the Kitchen series. It’s a summer favorite using fresh pineapple.
The boys are really into grilling cheeseburgers. Not so for me, I decided on wild salmon.
I made a pistachio crust for the salmon. With a couple of tablespoons of chopped pistachios left over I decided to chop up a few chunks of fresh pineapple I had in the fridge and added it to the remainder of the chopped pistachios.
This was really quick and it turned the wild salmon into a tropical delight.
Pistachio Pineapple Salsa
This recipe will be enough for topping two or three 6 oz. salmon pieces, depending on how much you like.
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios (unsalted)
- 3/4 -1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 TBLS. olive oil (or grape seed oil)
- 1 TBLS. chopped parsley, cilantro, and/or chives
- juice from 1/2 lime (or lemon)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop the nuts and the pineapple and add them to a small dish.
- Add the oil, which the herbs you choose and the lemon/lime juice.
- Mix well, add the salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with grilled fish. Or you can even add the salsa to a tossed salad.
It was easy, delicious and I was able to Keep Kool in the Kitchen.
If you enjoy a fruit salsa topping you might enjoy Salmon with Strawberry Pineapple & Mango Salsa from McCallums Shamrock Patch.