Bacon Wrapped Figs
easy to cook on the grill or easily make them in the oven, are delicious appetizers anytime.
It’s so much easier to use the grill when cooking bacon. It keeps the kitchen cooler which is great in the summer but you can easily make these in the oven all year round.
When it’s too late for lunch and definitely too early for dinner this little appetizer hits the spot. These are delicious as party appetizers on game day.
We do not usually have a real-food snack on weekend afternoons but today I had the time and all the ingredients to make something different.
The boys really like bacon so I crossed my fingers and hoped they wouldn’t notice they were eating figs. It turned out to be a good food day!
This is really is a great summer appetizer for everyone. It’s easy to make and goes well with cool drinks in the heat of the summer.
- sliced bacon (number of sliced depends on the number of figs you have)
- fresh figs
- feta cheese
- Wash the fresh figs and slice them in half.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap a half strip of bacon around each fig half.
- Place the wrapped figs in a grilling basket - if you have one - and place on hot grill.
- Cook until the bacon crisps to your liking, and turn to cook on all sides.
- Remove to spinach lined plate and add crumbled feta cheese.
You can also stuff the figs with goat cheese or bleu cheese. Cut a slit in the fig and add a cube of cheese then wrap the fig with the bacon.