The problem is many of us are short on time. We run out the door and grab something on the run. Sometimes it can’t be helped.
Here is an easy wrap to make on the weekends. It’s the healthy boost we sometimes miss during the week.
You can add anything you like — sliced apples, cream cheese, smoked salmon, tomatoes, cucumbers – the possibilities are endless, whatever your family likes.
I happen to like mine with avocado and spinach. I also like to add tomatoes but I didn’t have any left this morning.
- 2-4 Wraps or Tortillas
- 2-4 eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced in thin strips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place the wraps or tortillas in the oven just to warm.
- Wash the spinach and pat dry in paper towel. Slice the pepper and avocado and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs. Remove the wraps from the oven to a plate.
- Divide the eggs among the wraps.
- Layer the spinach, avocado and pepper strips on top. Roll up the wraps and slice in half.
The kids love helping to make their own wraps. Lay out the ingredients on the table and everyone can add their favorite toppings to the scrambled eggs.
I’ve shared this with: