is a delicious treat, fun to make and everyone enjoys it.
You can make s’mores anywhere — camping, in the backyard or in the kitchen anytime of the year – summer or winter.
Labor Day is coming and if we are chilling out at home I like to make something fun for the last weekend of summer so we decided to make pizza . . . not the ever-popular Italian style pizza but a S’mores Pizza.
You can make this outside if you are grilling, or if you live in an apartment, no worries, you can just make it in the oven.
This S’mores pizza uses the classic S’mores ingredients of graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows but re-imagined on a pizza crust. Don’t worry, it’s easy.
You can buy a pre-made pizza dough. This is instant gratification, you can make this s’mores pizza and have it ready to serve within 30 minutes.
Or you can make your own pizza dough, this is the recipe I use.
If you decide to grill the pizza, it’s easy. Place the rolled dough (without the toppings) on the heated grill for a few minutes until it bubbles and turns lightly browned.
Carefully remove the lightly browned dough, place on a plate then layer on the ingredients and immediately return it to the grill for a minute or two to heat and melt the chocolate and marshmallows.
- ¾ cup graham crackers crushed
- 2 TBLS. brown sugar
- 1 TBLS. coconut sugar
- 1 TBLS. butter, room temp
- ¼ ts. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 store bought pizza dough (or homemade)
- 2 TBLS. vegetable oil
- 2 3 oz. chocolate bar (milk or semi-sweet)
- 1-2 cups mini marshmallows
- Have the pizza dough ready at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. If you have a pizza stone place it in the oven to pre-heat. (I don’t have a pizza stone, I just cooked the dough on a regular metal pizza pan.
- Using a food processor or blender combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugars, vanilla, butter and salt. Pulse a few times just until the mixture is well combined. Break up the chocolate bar into chunks and set aside.
- Cut the pizza dough in half and roll out one half on floured surface to a 10 to 12 inch round.
- Lightly spread or brush vegetable oil over the dough and on the pizza pan or stone.
- Bake until the dough bubbles on top and is lightly browned – about 3 to 6 minutes
- – depending on the oven.
- When the dough is browned and bubbly remove the pan, place it on a flat surface and sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs, chocolate and then the marshmallows on top of the crust.
- Return pan to the oven and heat until the chocolate melts and the marshmallows are toasted — about 3-5 minutes.
- Place on plate, cut into pizza wedges and serve.
- Repeat the process with the second half of the dough.
You might also enjoy these S’mores treats:
Here is another S’more recipe you might enjoy Chocolate Ganache S’mores
I’ve shared this with: