Arugula Salad With Grilled Shrimp
When time is short this is arugula salad with grilled shrimp is the meal to make. Dinner is ready in the several minutes it takes to cook/grill the shrimp.
Arugula salad with grilled shrimp is a welcome change from all the warm comfort foods of late. I often make grilled or broiled shrimp and add it to a salad for a lighter meal.
No special equipment or cooking skills needed to make this quick and easy salad.
Place the shrimp in the oven to broil or grill it on the stove top if available to you and mix together the assorted greens in a bowl.
Dress with your favorite dressing and add the shrimp. Dinner is served in no time flat!
- 2-4 cups arugula
- 2-4 cups mixed greens, radicchio, baby spinach (whatever you prefer)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 3 TBLS. lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4-8 shrimp, cleaned
- 1-2 TBLS. butter
- Drizzle of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 TBLS. chopped parsley
- Add the greens to a large bowl and add in the walnuts and cheese of choice.
- To prepare dressing, add the lemon juice and olive oil to a measuring cup and mix together with a fork. Add in the salt and pepper and parsley. Set aside
- To broil shrimp, place on baking pan and drizzle with olive oil, spread with butter, add chopped garlic and salt & pepper.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the top of the salad, drizzle with the dressing.
- Toss and serve.
You certainly can customize your salad by adding your favorite salad ingredients.
I like to have multigrain crackers with this salad or foccacia bread if we have it leftover.