Do you sometimes feel as though you are cooking the same things week after week?
Please, tell me I’m not alone . . .?
I make chicken every week and I’m always looking for ways to make it interesting. Here is a simple way to dress up plain old fried chicken cutlets.
This is not complicated, it’s just my way of learning to use up the last little bits of leftovers when they are really not enough to make anything else.
You can use whatever you have in your fridge. For example a while ago I made Chicken Florentine style using some fresh spinach and a little shredded mozzarella cheese I had left over to dress up the leftover grilled chicken.
This week I had leftover fresh mozzarella and sliced salami then I added fresh tomatoes which I always have in my fridge to dress up the fried cutlets.
These 3 ingredients were all I needed to create this chicken cutlet tower.
- 8 large Fried Chicken Cutlets
- 8 slices of salami (ham, or your favorite deli meat)
- 8-16 slices of mozzarella
- 8- slices of tomato
- fresh chopped basil or parsley
- Lay out the fried chicken cutlets on a parchment lined baking pan.
- Top the cutlet with the salami (or your choice of deli meat), tomato slice, slice of mozzarella.
- Place another fried cutlet on top. Then layer with a slice of tomato, mozzarella and then sprinkle with chopped basil and/or parsley.
- Continue this process until all the chicken cutlets are now a tower of deliciousness.
- Place the towers on the prepared baking pan and heat until the cheese is melted and the chicken cutlets are hot.
I served this with a side of quinoa to which I added in the remainder of the mozzarella and a few grape tomatoes which was a perfect side dish.
If you want to make a cold side dish you might want to try Caprese Style Quinoa Salad.