Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
a quick and easy vegetarian recipe anytime of year. This can be oven baked or BBQ for any meatless meal.
Quinoa is a staple on our menu. It took a while but I was finally able to get the family to enjoy quinoa.
I make quinoa with either sweet or savory add-ins – veggies, fruit, or any leftover grilled veggies.
Using the leftover quinoa I had and the portobello mushrooms which were $3.00 on sale this week, I decided to stuff the mushrooms.
I also had a few heirloom tomatoes left over which I chopped along with black and green olives.
Chop, mix, add to the mushrooms, bake, and top with shredded cheese. I had white cheddar cheese which I added. You can use your whatever is available.
I used Kalamata olives and green pimento stuffed olives which added a lot of flavor to the quinoa. The shredded white cheddar cheese added another level of flavor for a delicious Meatless Monday dish.
Serve with a side of spinach and additional chopped tomatoes and olives.
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 TBLS. chopped black olives
- 2 TBLS. chopped green olives
- 1-2 TBLS. grated cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or your favorite)
- Clean the Mushrooms by removing the stem and the gills. Set aside.
- Chop the tomatoes and olives and add to the cooked quinoa. Stir well and taste for seasoning. Add desired salt and pepper if necessary and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the cleaned mushroom caps.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 15 minutes or until the mushroom caps are cooked.
- Add the shredded cheese to top and serve.