The weather outside is frightful so put your favorite movie on and enjoy a warm cozy evening together with popcorn – peppermint popcorn drizzled with white chocolate.
This is an easy process, you can make it after supper and by the time everyone gets to the couch for the start of the movie the popcorn is ready. I’ve made this several times already and it takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
- 4 med.-lg. candy canes, chopped
- 1 cup of white candy melts
- ⅓ cup of any type of peppermint chips or use M&Ms
- 1 large bag of popcorn
- Any other small candy (I used some white chocolate peppermint M&Ms)
- Lay out the popcorn on a sheet pan and chop the candy canes.
- Melt the candy discs in a double boiler. as soon as you see the bottom chips soften remove the bowl from the pan and stir continuously until all the pieces are melted and the chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on the popcorn in ¼ sections so you can sprinkle the chopped candy canes and any other candy you use over the chocolate before it hardens. This takes only a few minutes and you are done.
- Add in other candy if you wish, I used a handful of white chocolate peppermint M&Ms candy.
- Place the tray of popcorn in the fridge to chill for 15-20 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Break up and put into a bowl.
After the movie how about a delicious hot chocolate with marshmallows peppermint dippers.