Lime Zest Shortbread Cookies
for Spring Bake Sale or to #FillTheCookieJar is an easy cookie recipe you can make anytime.
Chill the dough for at least one hour (or overnight if you get busy and forget you have cookies to bake), roll out the dough 1/4 inch thick. I use those cute little rubber rings you add to the rolling pin so that my dough is the proper thickness.
Use a 2 inch cookie cutter and bake.
So easy – I just love making recipes that are quick to prepare and easy as well.
- 1 cup of AP flour
- ¼ cup sugar (I used Stevia equivalent)
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick of cold butter, sliced
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 2 TBLS. fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, lime zest to food processor and pulse 2 or 3 times to blend ingredients.
- Add in a little of the cold butter pieces and pulse 2 or 3 times, continue to do this until all the butter is added & add in the vanilla. Then pulse until the dough comes together - just another few more pulses.
- Remove dough and gather into a ball, flatten a bit. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out dough to ¼ inch. Cut out with a 2 inch cookie cutter.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Add the powdered sugar to a small bowl and stir in the lime juice.
- If needed add either more sugar or more juice to get the desired consistency to spread on the cookies.
If you need cookies to bring to school for your child’s class Lime Zest Shortbread Cookies is a very easy recipe to make and in less than 2 hours you will have more than enough cookies for the kids to enjoy. They can be baked without the zest then just dipped in chocolate or glaze and add colored sugar.
I’ve shared this recipe with #FillTheCookieJar group this month. If you would like to bake with the Fill The Cookie Jar group, please contact Cynthia at Feeding Big.