Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
have been on my must make list for the longest time.
I don’t often use nut butters but I’ve been on a mission to find a cookie crumb crust for pies. Making a healthier crust for a fruit pie has been on my ‘must try’ list and I finally had a chance to give it try.
The recipe is very easy to make and they are delicious but I did add chocolate chips – no surprise – the troops will try anything if it includes chocolate chips.
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup Stevia In The Raw (or your preferred sugar substitute)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tsp. water
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the egg, Stevia, baking powder and vanilla until well blended - approximately 1 minute.
- Add in the almond butter and water and mix well.
- Scoop a teaspoonful of dough onto the baking sheet. Using a fork make indentations and flatten the dough. (Spray the fork with cooking spray to prevent sticking)
- Bake 15 minutes or until the cookies are firm in center and lightly browned.
The almond butter cookies were excellent. In fact the cookies were gone in the blink of an eye and no one asked what kind of cookies they were. Very interesting, it must be those magical chocolate chips.
I had to make a second batch of cookies so I can use them as the crust for my Apple Crumb Pie. It’s a quick and easy dessert to make anytime of year.