Avocado Tomato and Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese
is a ‘healthy’ alternative for a grilled cheese sandwich made with cauliflower bread. It’s a new favorite.
Or you can dress it up and serve it on a silver platter. There is no limit to what you can do with grilled cheese.
This avocado tomato and pepper jack grilled cheese sandwich is easy to make. I only made two sandwiches today but there is no set recipe for making a grilled cheese sandwich.
You can make as many sandwiches you wish just add in as many slices or fewer slices of any ingredient(s) based on your preferences.
- 4 slices of cauliflower bread
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 slices of avocado
- 4-8 slices of pepper jack cheese
- Slice the tomatoes, avocado and cheese.
- Heat a grill pan and add 1-2 teaspoons of butter.
- Layer the cheese on the bread and top with tomato, another slice of cheese, avocado and cheese again. The cheese will hold the ingredients in the sandwich. Top with another slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich on the heated grill and cover. Cook for 3 minutes and remove cover and turn the sandwich over.
- Place the cover over the sandwich and cook for another 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
I’m always looking for more flavors and I found it in this low carb Avocado Tomato and Pepper Jack grilled cheese sandwich. The spicy pepper jack cheese added a burst of flavor for this vegetarian grilled cheese sandwich. It’s a winner for #NationalGrilledCheeseMonth.
This low carb Cauliflower Bread is a great alternative to plain white bread.
Making the cauliflower bread took less than 1 hour. I know our time can be limited but planning ahead can be helpful if you need the extra time to make this from scratch. It’s worth it to make healthier sandwiches for our loved ones who are on a restricted diet. Here is my Cauliflower Bread Recipe.
You might enjoy these Low Carb and Gluten Free alternative “How To” Recipes: