Iced Green Tea With Pom Juice
is a refreshing summer iced tea with a pinch of healthy. Pom juice adds another level of flavor to this iced tea for a refreshing summer drink.
Make this in the morning and your iced green tea with pom juice will be chilled and ready to serve when you are.
We are always looking for a cold refreshing drink in the warm weather. I like to serve iced teas and lemonades adding a pinch of healthy with fresh fruit juices.
Today I used Pom juice in this iced green tea. Pom juice is delicious and it makes an almost perfect drink to serve for special occasions – think baby and bridal showers or a lovely garden party.
Using a simple syrup is one way to sweeten the iced tea. You can use honey in place of the simple syrup if you choose not to use granulated sugar.
For garnish you can add pomegranate seeds (arils) to the drink. It looks so festive especially if you are serving this for a special occasion. I didn’t have a fresh pomegranate this week so I used a kiwi and fresh strawberries which is what was in the fridge along with a lime. You can use any fresh fruit you may have for garnish and also add fresh mint.
- 4 tea bags
- 4-6 Cups of Hot Water
- 1-3 cups of Pom Juice (use more or less as desired)
- 1 cup of simple syrup, adding a little at a time to taste (or you can use honey to taste)
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Steep the 4 tea bags in the hot water for about 1 hour. If you do not like strong tea add additional water to taste.
- Add the simple syrup or honey a little at a time to adjust the level of sweetness and stir until blended.
- Mix the steeped tea and the Pom juice together in a large pitcher and chill until ready to serve.
- Add the mint leaves as a garnish.