This Peach Blueberry Crumble Pie is so easy to make. This season our farmer’s market has the most delicious peaches.
Since the peaches have been so good this summer I’ve been using them in everything I can think of.
This peach and blueberry pie recipe is from one of Giada’s shows on the Food Network. It sounded so easy I had to give it a try! I’m always so surprised when I make a recipe for the first time and it really is easy and quick.
This delicious fresh peach and blueberry crumble pie was prepped, baked and I cleaned up the kitchen all in 1 hour and the pie was ready to eat warm.
So here’s the details and this little tip from Giada on how to keep the pie crust from getting soggy – brush the pie crust with egg white before adding the filling – seals the dough – genius, it worked!
Get started by cutting up the peaches, rinse the fresh blueberries, mix them together with some honey and spices in a medium size bowl.
Roll out the pie crust and place in the pie pan. Brush with egg white, and add in the fruit mixture.
The crumble takes a few minutes to mix up in the mini processor, than just sprinkle on top, bake and serve.
I only had 3 peaches left so I used an 8 inch pie plate for this recipe. If you want to use a 9 inch pie plate you will need at least 4 medium size peaches.
- 3 small/medium peaches peeled and sliced
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries, rinsed & dried
- 1½ Tbls. honey
- 1½ tsp. vanila extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbls. lemon zest
- 1 tbls. fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tbls. quick cooking tapioca
- 1 pie crust
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 3 tbls. sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 stick of cold butter cubed
- Grease a 9" pie plate. Roll out the pie crust and place into the greased pie plate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add in the fruits, spices, lemon zest, juice and tapicoa. Stir well and set aside.
- For the crumble topping add the ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times just until everything comes together. Set aside while you prepare the crust.
- Brush the entire pie crust with the egg white. Add in the fruit and spread evenly.
- Top the fruit with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
Enjoy the pie as is with the delicious peach and blueberries and a sprinkle of sliced almonds. Yes you can serve with a scoop of ice cream which I often do but this pie was juicy and delicious on its own.