When using farm fresh ingredients you don’t need much to make a delicious meal.
I’ve been cooking up the fresh zucchini and slicing up the fresh tomatoes and cucumbers from my daughter’s garden.
We’ve been blessed with a bumper crop this year and I did finally get to make zucchini chips (post to come soon).
During grilling season we always grill our veggies and the fresh picked zucchini and tomatoes from the “family farm” makes our meals extra special.
This ‘one pot wonder’ of pasta with farm fresh veggies is so easy and it’s a flexible recipe so that you can use what ever vegetables are available to you or you enjoy the most.
The steps are simple, heat pan and add a little oil, slice and dice veggies, onion, shallot and/or garlic, remove from pan add in pasta with broth, cook till tender, add in all the veggies cook for 2 minutes and DONE!
I know, it may sound like a lot, but believe me – I would never steer you wrong on quick and easy – each step takes only a few minutes. Cooking the pasta takes the longest, 10 or 12 minutes, then just add in the veggies for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
Pasta With Farm Fresh Veggies
- 1 box of Penne Pasta
- 2 tbls. avocado oil (or any light oil)
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 shallot or small onion diced
- 1 small garlic chopped
- 2-3 fresh garden tomatoes diced
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Slice and chop all the vegetables and set aside.
- Heat large saute pan and add the oil. When the oil is hot add in the zucchini and shallots, onions, garlic and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes - just until tender but not browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the heated pan add in the pasta and the broth. Season with salt, cover and cook until pasta it is al dente, or according to package directions. You may need to add more liquid, depending on the type of pasta you use. Taste the pasta occasionally to be sure it is not overcooked as it will continue to cook for 2 more minutes with the veggies.
- Stir in all the vegetables with the pasta and continue to cook until the vegetables are heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste and add in chopped fresh basil, parsley or other herbs you might prefer.
This penne pasta with farm fresh veggies is a delicious Meatless Monday meal. Or serve it to your vegetarian guests any time. It’s so Quick and Easy!