The Oktoberfest celebrations in Munich are almost at an end but here in the states we enjoy an American style Oktoberfest with many communities coming together to celebrate the harvest.
What can be better than pairing your favorite fall beer with a delicious cheese dip.
With only three ingredients you can make this at anytime the mood strikes. There are no special tools required. Just pour the ingredients into a bowl, stir until well combined, chill for an hour, and serve. Although I served my cheese dip immediately and it was delish.
All you need is small curd cottage cheese, bleu cheese or sharp cheddar cheese and a teaspoon or two of Worcestershire sauce.
If my family knew this dip was made with cottage cheese they would have just passed it by, but they were hungry and never asked what it was, they just dipped in their pretzels and ‘yum’ was all I heard.
I used low fat, small curd cottage cheese and used bleu cheese. I’ve made it several times, each time with a different cheese.
A stronger pungent cheese paired better with the cottage cheese. We liked this dip with both the bleu cheese and the sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1½ cups Cottage Cheese (you can use low fat & small curd)
- ½ cup of bleu cheese or sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- dash of salt & pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl, crush up the bleu cheese with a fork - if using cheddar roughly grate the cheddar - stirring well until everything is well blended.
- Stir in a dash or salt and pepper.
- Place in a bowl and chill.
- Serve with whole grain crackers and pretzels.
My family likes the pretzel crisps and whole grain crackers. Serve this with your family favorites and enjoy.
You might enjoy this post: Oktoberfest Beer & Brats