Walnut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
is one of my favorite quick and easy recipes you can make in a blender. How easy is that!
This is a ‘make in your blender’ recipe that fits into the ‘quick and easy’ and flexible categories. Everything goes into the blender and ‘ta da’, it’s Done!
Not only is walnut chocolate chip banana bread recipe very easy, it’s also flexible. Leave out the chocolate and nuts and add in whatever your favorite mix-ins might be – raisins, craisins, chopped dates, pumpkin spice chips, or whatever your family favorites might be.
When I decided to make this recipe it was later in the afternoon and the bananas I had only made 3/4 of a cup so I added 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree to make the moisture ingredient equal to the 1 cup required. So glad I didn’t have to run out for just one more banana.
The bananas I had were sweet and flavorful which easily masked any pumpkin flavor – don’t you just love making a healthy treat and no one knows.
Enjoy a slice of this delicious walnut chocolate chip banana bread with morning coffee or as a ‘healthy’ snack in the afternoon OR for dessert.
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled (equal to 1 cup mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup low fat plain yogurt
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (or use stevia equivalent)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup AP flour
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup walnuts chopped (Optional)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Add the banana, eggs, yogurt, sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract to the blander jar, cover and blend using the batter selection for 10 - 20 seconds, just until blended.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients except the nuts and chocolate chips, to the jar and cover. Pulse the batter 3-6 times, or a few more if necessary, just until everything is well blended.
- Pour a small amount into the prepared pan and sprinkle some of the walnuts and chocolate chips on top. Add more batter and do the same and then continue to fill up the pan with the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with the remaining walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes then remove and cool completely before slicing.
You will enjoy this moist, crunchy and chocolatey Walnut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. The banana makes it moist, the walnuts give the crunch and the chocolate chips make kids of all ages happy.
For a special dessert treat add a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup. A delicious way to sit back and relax after a long day.
You might also enjoy these quick and easy snacks and/or breakfast treats: