Fresh Berry Peach Crisp
is a dessert that can be made using up the last handful of fresh fruit and berries you have in the fridge.
While I was pacing the kitchen trying to decide if it was too early to start getting dinner ready I was thinking that we needed dessert.
We like to have something sweet after dinner and while I was in the fridge taking out what I needed for dinner I came across a handful of blueberries, strawberries and 4 peaches. They were calling out to be saved.
Earlier this afternoon I was watching the news and a local restaurant was being featured. The chef was making an apple crisp. I remembered it was so very easy to put together and that’s when I decided to save the last of the berries and peaches for my dessert.
The whole process to make this fresh berry peach crisp took me 15 minutes to prepare the crisp and it baked for 25 minutes. I had to use my cell phone for these prep photos, sorry they are not too clear.
The recipe I made is for two. I used a 5 inch ceramic tart dish, the perfect size to share OR if you’re hungry then it’s all yours! I measured the dish because I have no idea how you decide the size – from edge to edge is 5 inches and it’s only about 1 inch deep – or the bottom of the dish would be about 4 1/2 inches. Either way the dish is definitely a personal size or you can share with someone.
This recipe can be easily adapted for gluten free – you can check out Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats – and if you prefer you can use almond flour in place of tapioca.
TIP: Make the crisp first and place in the fridge while you are cutting up the fruit. If like me you are continually interrupted the topping might be sitting on the counter for 30-40 minutes, so I just keep it chilled just in case I’m delayed in prepping.
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, cut in quarters or cubed
- 2 peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1½ tbls. Limoncello (you can use fresh squeezed lemon)
- 2 tbls. brown sugar
- 1 tbls. tapioca (you can use your preferred flour)
- pinch of salt
- Add the rolled oats to blender or mini chopper and pulse a few times just to break them down a little. Add them to a small bowl with the almond flour, slivered almonds, butter and brown sugar and with a fork blend together. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry the blueberries and add to a small bowl along with the strawberries and peaches.
- Stir in the Limoncello, sugar, tapioca (or use flour), and pinch of salt, stir well until blended.
- Add the fruit to ramekins, and then sprinkle the crisp topping generously over the fruit.
- Bake at 350 until you can see the fruit bubbling.