With ONLY 3 ingredients, just a few minutes to prep and a prepared pie crust you can serve this light and lemony frozen dessert any day or for weekend gatherings. Make it in advance and dessert is ready when you are.
NO BAKE FROZEN LEMON PIE
- Only needs a prepared pie crust (which I always keep in my pantry) and these basic ingredients:
(1) fresh squeezed lemon juice;
(2) sweetened condensed milk;
(3) your choice of either whipped cream or cool whip.
Simply mix the 3 ingredients in a medium bowl then pour it into a prepared pie crust and freeze for a few hours before serving. This is an easy ‘make in advance’ dessert when entertaining – great for bridal and baby showers, weekend gatherings.
Remove the frozen lemon pie from the freezer only 10 minutes before serving. The pie doesn’t freeze solid, so it’s very easy to cut and serve almost immediately. If you have leftovers you can put it back into the freezer. I’ve made this several times and placed the leftovers in the freezer without any issues.
This no bake frozen lemon pie is quick and easy to prepare and only takes about 10 minutes if you are going to whip up fresh whipped cream and a prepared pie crust. If you choose to use cool whip you can mix this together in way less than 10 minutes.
The quick and easy prep for this no bake dessert makes it an easy dessert recipe to make for parties or large gatherings, or even during family holiday events.
I make my own sweetened condensed milk and I used cool whip only because I wanted to eliminate some of the calories but certainly feel free to make fresh whipped cream and fold it into the sweetened condensed milk.
The recipes I share are very flexible and this no bake frozen lemon pie is no exception. Use your favorite sweetened condensed milk and if whipped cream is a favorite then fold it in for a delicious refreshing dessert.
No Bake Frozen Lemon Pie
This recipe is adapted from the Creamy Lemon Pie I in allrecipes.com magazine. The prep for this recipe is about 10-12 minutes. Freeze time at least 4 hours.
You will need a 9 inch prepared pie crust
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz. whipped topping (defrosted)
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a medium bowl.
- Add in the fresh squeezed lemon juice and stir well. Then fold in the whipped topping (or whipped cream if using) until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Place in freezer and let set at least 4 hours.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
You Might Also Enjoy These No Bake Desserts