so easy to make in an air fryer as well as your traditional method are a delicious side dish any time or for the upcoming Holiday.
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Latkes are easy to make anytime. You certainly can fry them the traditional way or you can also bake them in the oven. This week I made the apple cinnamon latkes in an air fryer.
I know traditional recipes are a very important part of our culture and family history but the new millennium has been taking us into a new age of quick and easy recipes along with healthier cooking. I’m in on this quick and easy healthier cooking ride so I decided to give the air fryer a chance.
Concerned that buying an air fryer might have been an impulse, I was very excited that it turned out to be a terrific investment. I’ve already made several different recipes that all turned out terrific, as well as remaking many of the recipes I usually make.
Now that fall has arrived and Holidays are right around the corner I decided to make this apple cinnamon latke recipe from our local newspaper which caught my eye. My mom always made potato pancakes on Friday’s and I continued to make them after I got married. Over the years though I stopped making them because we needed to cut back on fried foods so today I was on a new mission.
I’m happy to be able to share this basic and simple air fryer apple cinnamon latkes recipe with the Holidays soon on the way. I used Granny Smith apples but you can use whatever apples you prefer, and the cinnamon was a terrific addition.
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Latkes Recipe
A delicious side dish for any time or your favorite holiday!
Author: Wine Lady
- 2 apples, peeled & quartered (I used Granny Smith)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or use your preferred sugar)
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1 shallot peeled and grated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or Matzoh Meal)
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Grate the apples - using hand grater or food processor. Add to bowl and toss with the cinnamon and coconut sugar.
2. Grate the potatoes and shallot and add to the bowl with the apples.
3. Add the 2 beaten eggs and toss until well blended. Stir in the flour (or matzoh meal), add the salt and mix until everything is well combined.
4. Form the mixture into patties, make them about 3 inch rounds and about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees, coat the tray with non-stick cooking spray. I also lightly brushed the patties with avocado oil on each side, though it wasn't necessary since I didn't brush the first batch and they browned perfectly.
6. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side, just until lightly browned.
7. Remove and place on serving tray and serve with sour cream, apple sauce, or your favorite toppings.
I’ve made many breakfast muffins, dinners and desserts, as well as side dishes in the air fryer.
Here is a sample of a few easy Air Fryer Recipes you might enjoy:
The Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Latkes recipe was a success. Yes, I was surprised, and it was a great lesson learned to never give up on trying something new that could be a win on all fronts. Where there is a will, there’s a way!
Feel free not to break tradition and prepare Apple Cinnamon Latkes in the traditional way in a skillet. Just add your preferred oil, I always use avocado oil. Fry them a few minutes on each side, until browned. Remove from pan and place on paper towel, and serve with your favorite toppings – I think you all know that already! ENJOY!