No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies
is an easy cookie to make together with the kids. It’s festive and the kids can be creative to make their cookies special.
There is no special equipment or appliances needed to make no bake chocolate peppermint sandwich cookies. The best part about this recipe is that you can make your family’s favorite filling for this cookie and decorate with peppermint.
Of course if the kids are not peppermint fans then use their favorite kind of sprinkles or holiday candy decorations. This is a great holiday cookie you can make every year with the kids. Imagination is all that’s required and you will make memories for a lifetime.
I saw a quick 30 second spot on the Food Network recently and knew this would be a great Kids In The Kitchen project. We had lots of sticky hands and the boys liked their cookie creations so much they shared their cookies with their lunch buddies.
- 1 box chocolate wafer cookies
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup marshmallow fluff (you can add more based on your taste preferences)
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- 1 jar holiday sprinkles or candies of your choice
- Chop the candy canes and set aside. If using holiday sprinkles or candies, place them in separate bowls for easy cookie dipping and set aside.
- Mix together the cream cheese with the marshmallow fluff. Taste for flavor and add more if you prefer a little more sweetness. OR use your preferred filling.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling on the middle of half the cookies.
- Top with another cookie and gently press the cookies so the filling reaches the edges of the cookie. Then roll the edges of the cookie into the chopped candy canes or other decorations.
- Place onto parchment paper and stack them on parchments so they do not stick together.
- Keep refrigerated. They will soften after a few hours (they will not be a crunchy cookie) and best to be eaten the same day or next day.
Grampy wanted to do a taste test so of course I had to make another batch this afternoon. Just to be clear about these delicious and festive cookies they are not crunchy. Yes the peppermint will give you crunch but the cookie itself softens from the filling.
No, the cookies will not fall apart. I kept them in the refrigerator and even on the second day they were still delicious. They had just the right amount of sweetness and the peppermint crunch was also just right.
If you really love peppermint feel free to add some of the chopped peppermint in the filling as well. It’s just a matter of taste!