Peppermint Breakfast Waffle Blender Recipe
is a no mess breakfast to make on Christmas morning to celebrate with your family.
Don’t be shy, you can serve peppermint breakfast waffles any time, even for lunch on a snowy day!
Waffles and pancakes make breakfast special. Whenever there is a holiday you can make waffles with flavors to fit each holiday. I always use peppermint during the winter holidays and I always feel like peppermint makes everything special even when it’s not a holiday. Peppermint just perks you up during the cold winter season.
Quick and easy is what I always look for in a recipe especially during holidays. Using a blender waffle recipe on Christmas morning makes for easy preparation and very little mess for clean up.
One of my favorite things about waffles is you can always change the add ins to please everyone. You can always add more or less peppermint as you wish. I added some chopped peppermint into a few of the waffles for the peppermint lovers and you can leave some plain for those who are not fans. I like sprinkling chopped peppermint on top as well for more crunch and flavor.
Peppermint Butter is another nice touch to add to the waffles. It’s not difficult, here’s a basic flavored butter recipe: (1) place 1 stick of room temperature butter in a small bowl, (2) add in chopped peppermint to taste, and (3) stir well, chill for a few minutes while you make the waffles. Spread on the waffles along with your favorite syrup.
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. Monk Fruit (or use your preferred sugar)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine milk, eggs and melted butter in a blender and blend until smooth - approx. 15-20 seconds depending on your blender's power.
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and vanilla and blend until everything is well combined, scraping down the sides of the blender with a spatula to be sure all the flour is well incorporated. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Add batter to waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's directions.
You might want to leave a plate of hot Peppermint Breakfast Waffles for Santa. I’m sure he will enjoy them.