Flourless Chocolate Cake Easy Recipe
a quick and easy dessert to make any day, for any occasion and of course on Valentine’s Day.
If you haven’t guessed already, I’m a chocolate lover and desserts are my favorite recipes. This week I decided on a flourless chocolate cake. Perfect timing since Valentine’s Day is coming up soon and a chocolate dessert is on the menu.
I didn’t know what I was looking for in a chocolate cake but I was sure that when I saw the recipe I would know it was the one for me.
Finally after hours of blog searching I came across this flourless chocolate cake (*The link to the blog where I found this recipe a while ago is no longer available for public viewing – it’s a broken link.) — I knew everyone would luuuuvvv it.
I’ve often had this rich chocolate dessert in many a restaurant but I never made one. It has a fudge-like texture — well it doesn’t have flour so we should take that into consideration — and it can be very sweet.
The original recipe yielded a large cake, I didn’t want to feed the neighborhood, so I made a few changes to come up with a smaller cake and a perfect balance of rich chocolate and less sweetness.
Our family enjoys the taste of deep, dark chocolate which is naturally less sweet than semi-sweet so I mixed the bittersweet and semi-sweet for the perfect balance of chocolate flavor.
This recipe is very easy to make and only takes about 15-20 minutes prep time. You can use whatever type of chocolate you prefer for this flourless chocolate cake easy recipe – milk chocolate, dark chocolate or anything in between.
- 4 1 oz. squares of bittersweet chocolate
- 2 1 oz. squares of semisweet chocolate
- 1 stick butter
- ¾ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup Hershey's cocoa powder sifted
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 7 inch tart pan or spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper and spray the
- In heavy sauce pan melt the butter and the chocolate over medium/low heat, stirring often to prevent from sticking and burning. Stir until butter and chocolate are melted and smooth.
- Add the sugar and stir well for about 1 minute until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in one egg at a time – whisking each egg until it is well incorporated into the chocolate mixture. The mixture will be glossy and smooth.
- Next add the sifted cocoa powder and continue to whisk until the cocoa is well blended and the chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven approximately 22-25 minutes. Do not over bake or the cake will be dry.
- Cool the cake on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and carefully place on serving platter.
I added fresh raspberries and whipped cream for a special treat. Feel free to add your favorite fresh fruit topping or add a scoop of your favorite ice cream.