All Natural 3 Ingredient Homemade Dog Biscuits
is a quick and easy treat to make with a little help from the kids.
This easy recipe uses banana, peanut butter and oatmeal and for the little one’s who love their dog it’s a great #cookingwithkids project. Something “to do on rainy days” or when you start hearing “mom I’m bored!”
We (actually my grandsons) have 2 medium/large dogs with no allergies so this recipe which includes peanut butter is one the pups enjoy.
This week is winter recess so I was happy to have a chance to spend a little time with the boys. They are getting older and are quite busy these days, but this project caught their interest. They are committed to taking care of their pets and were happy to try this healthy treat recipe for Duke and Daisy who really enjoy their snacks – just like grampy!
Lovely daughter found this simple all natural 3 ingredient homemade dog biscuits using banana, oatmeal, and peanut butter on Pinterest and nonchalantly left it on the kitchen counter. She knew the boys wanted to make these and this week was the perfect time.
This is sooooooo simple, it’s a perfect recipe to have the kids engage with you in the kitchen.
- 1½ cups uncooked Oatmeal
- 1 large Banana
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- Using a blender, grind the oatmeal to a powder (takes approximately 10 seconds) - and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the banana and peanut butter and blend with a hand mixer until blended - it's o.k. if you see chunks of banana, no worries. The dough will be sticky.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of the ground oatmeal, add the remainder of the oatmeal too the banana mixture and mix together until it forms a dough.
- Sprinkle the tablespoon of oatmeal on the counter and place the dough on top. Gently roll out the dough, approximately ¼ inch and use cookie cutters to cut out shape.
- Place the cookies on prepared cookie sheets. Bake approximately 14 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to a week.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN FOR LATER