Dijon Mustard Panko Crust Chicken Cutlet Air Fryer Recipe
is an easy prep for dinner in less than 30 minutes.
I purchased the air fryer with hopes that it would fit my cooking style and cut my meal prep in half. That may have been wishful thinking but I have to say for me it has turned out to be exactly what I needed.
Fried chicken cutlets is one of my family’s favorite meals and standing over a hot frying pan for 40 minutes or more to fry chicken cutlets just does not make sense to me at this point and the mess I make with the bread crumbs, well it’s indescribable.
Prepping the chicken cutlets is less messy and easier if I use 2 plastic bags. One for the bread crumbs and the other I add in the ‘marinade’ and seasonings. Using the plastic bags for prepping the cutlets takes less than 5 minutes. This is a big time saver for me and I make less of a crumby mess.
So Let’s Get Sarted! This Dijon mustard panko crust chicken cutlet air fryer recipe takes so little time – and the flavors . . . ! The Dijon mustard adds a lot of flavor and the crispy panko crumbs has the crunch everyone enjoys. How can you resist a quick and easy recipe with lots of flavor and less fat and calories?
- 1 lb. skinless chicken cutlets
- 2-3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (use more or less as desired)
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- non-stick cooking spray
- Dip 1-2 pieces of chicken at a time into the mustard and lightly coat all sides. Remove from bag and then place into the bag of bread crumbs - seal bag and shake to coat with crumb mixture. Gently press the crumbs into the chicken to be sure they are completely coated with crumbs. Continue this process until all the chicken is prepared.
- Preheat the air fryer as per the manufacturer’s directions.
- Next, lightly spray both sides of the prepared chicken with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the chicken cutlets at 360 degrees or according to the manufacturer's directions. Depending on the thickness of the cutlets cook them approximately 6 to 10 minutes. My cutlets were small and thin and cooked for only 6 minutes - 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN FOR LATER:
Have you used an air fryer? If so, what are your thoughts?
Saving time and calories is always on my list. Follow along with me on my air fryer cooking journey as I share my tips and helpful hints: