Fresh Orange Juice Strawberry Smoothie
a delicious fresh juice drink to start your day with ‘pinch of healthy’ vitamin C and only three ingredients.
I make a green smoothie everyday for my lunch. When I say ‘green’ I mean the ingredients are all fresh vegetables and fruits which includes a variety of kale, spinach and apple. Hence, the drink is green in color but also green as in nothing artificial is added.
Making different fruit drinks is a great way to use up fresh fruit that is starting to over-ripen. When I have leftover fresh berries I always add them to a juice drink.
Today I’m sharing this fresh orange juice strawberry smoothie. I had a lot of fresh oranges in the fridge this week and only a few strawberries were left. An extra dose of vitamin C can help with fighting off this spring cold I have.
Simple tools – a blender and fresh oranges and strawberries, filtered water and some ice. I intentionally left out dairy and I added in flax seed for a little boost of protein.
Wake Up! Rise and Shine with this quick and easy fresh orange juice strawberry smoothie — only 3 ingredients!
- 2 large fresh navel oranges, peeled
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 tbls. flaxseed (I use fine milled or you can grind the flaxseeds in your blender or coffee grinder)
- 4 oz. filtered water
- ice cubes (1/2 cup-1 cup, your choice)
- Use a high speed blender or the 'bullet', add oranges, strawberries, flaxseed along with the water and ice cubes.
- Blend until everything is smooth - my blender runs for appox. 55 seconds for a smooth juice and the ice well blended.
I often add flaxseed to my smoothies – it’s an excellent source of fiber, Omega-3, and helps to maintain cholesterol levels that are in normal range.
Certainly feel free to choose whatever your favorite add ins might be, however you can make this fresh orange juice strawberry smoothie with only the fresh fruit to enjoy as a delicious and refreshing morning juice.
Rise and Shine with a fresh fruit juice with a boost of Vitamin C to start the day.