Family Friendly Strawberry Orange Cooler
a refreshing fresh fruit drink to celebrate any spring or summer occasion the entire family will enjoy.
Spring party drinks can be spiked or not. I choose to make warm weather spring and summer drinks family friendly for a couple of reasons. Warm weather calls for ‘cool’ drinks; many spring celebrations include everyone in the family; and fresh fruit and sparkling water are inexpensive. Keep Cool with this Family Friendly Strawberry Cooler!
The sunshine and milder temperatures are finally here, Yay Spring!!!! We often look for fruit drinks or punch for spring and summer gatherings. Or maybe after a long afternoon of gardening a cool fruit drink can be the perfect pick-me-up. Most often fruit punch drinks for parties are high in calories. Who needs more calories?
I’ve served this family friendly strawberry orange cooler many times and it’s always a favorite. You can also make a refreshing iced tea or this Family Friendly Mint Julep. They are both delicious and refreshing drinks for any gathering and easy to make.
Fresh fruit drinks are easy to make and one might say they may be a healthy drink since they are made with fresh fruits and filtered or flavored sparkling waters.
I did have 3 whole frozen strawberries in each glass but they didn’t show in the photo. The frozen strawberries are a little surprise when you are almost finished with the drink. On a hot day the frozen strawberries will be refreshing.
- 12 oz. frozen Strawberries (you can substitute raspberries or peaches)
- 16 oz. filtered water
- 2 bottles of sparkling water
- Juice from 4 oranges
- 2-4 TBLS. maple syrup (according to taste)
- In a blender add the filtered water and all but 1 cup of the frozen strawberries. Blend until smooth. Pour the blended fruit juice through a fine strainer to remove most of the seeds.
- Pour the strained strawberries into a large pitcher and add the fresh squeezed orange juice. Stir well and then add the sparkling water, just enough not to dilute the fruit flavors. Taste and then stir in the maple syrup and stir well to blend.
- Pour into tall glasses over ice and add a few strawberries to each glass with a slice of orange to serve.