Ham Pear Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
a quick and easy lunch or light dinner with a side salad. Make your grilled cheese sandwiches your usual way – on a grill pan, a frying pan, in the oven, or maybe you have a panini grill.
This is the time of year when ham is often on the menu and there are usually leftovers. Leftover ham is always a good thing since it’s so versatile. You can make a ham and cheese omelet or a ham and scrambled eggs for breakfast; a variety of sandwiches or salads for lunch; or a casserole for dinner special.
Today I’m talking about lunch and making a specialty of the house grilled cheese sandwich. Using leftover ham allows quite a few options for grilled cheese.
I enjoy mixing sweet and savory flavors in salads or sandwiches. This Ham Pear Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich is our specialty of the house this week based on what I had in my fridge and pantry.
The ingredients needed for this recipe will depend on how many sandwiches you will be making and everyone’s preference based on what they like.
- 8 - 10 sliced of Whole Grain bread
- 2 fresh pears, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- ¼ lb. Brie (or your favorite cheese)
- 12 - 16 slices of leftover ham (or you can use deli ham)
- Spread the Brie on each slice of bread.
- Place pear, tomato and ham on 4 or 5 of the slices of bread. Top each prepared slice of bread with the remaining slices that have the brie spread.
- Butter the pan, spread a little mayonnaise on the outside slice of the sandwich and place in the pan, oven or grill to cook.
- When the sandwiches are browned, turn them over and cook until desired crispness.
- Serve with additional slices of pear and Brie.
Of course you can make this grilled cheese sandwich in your usual way, on the stove top; using a grill pan; perhaps a toaster oven; or under the broiler. Lots of options for making grilled cheese sandwiches. I made the sandwiches today using my air fryer and was pleasantly surprised when the sandwiches were done in about 4 minutes.
Three perfectly toasted crunchy grilled cheese sandwiches cooked quickly and were ready all at the same time. While they were cooking I prepared another three sandwiches that were ready when the first three were done – it was a hungry crowd today!
Everyone had a warm and toasty grilled cheese sandwich for our weekend lunch served at the same time to enjoy together.
We make lunch everyday, yes?, why not get a little creative and use some leftovers to make a Lunch Special for you and your family.