Lemon Drop Cookie Recipe
Lemon Drop Cookie Recipe is quick and easy to make any time, any season, and great for bridal and baby showers. This quick & easy cookie makes a small batch of about 18 cookies. Don’t be shy, make a double batch! They’re delicious and refined sugar free.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 14-16 min.
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 18 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit confectioners’ sugar (or your preferred sugar alternative)
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Monk Fruit confectioners’ sugar for dusting cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour and 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and add the lemon zest. Add in the softened butter and vanilla and blend. I use a fork to break down the butter into the flour and then use my hands to blend it all together. It only takes a minute or two (the dough will be very sticky).
- Using a small cookie scoop or a rounded teaspoonful drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten the dough a little to make the cookies similar in size so they will bake evenly.
- Bake until cookie bottoms are lightly golden brown, about 15 minutes. The cookies will NOT brown on top.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool. Add the remaining confectioners’ sugar to a plastic bag and when the cookies have cooled, after about 20 minutes, gently toss them in the sugar to coat.
- You can dress up the cookies with grated lemon peel before serving.
This is a shortbread style cookie similar to the Mexican Wedding Cookie, it’s a melt in your mouth cookie. You can use any flavors you wish, lemon, orange, anise, mint, etc.!
Keywords: Lemon Drop Cookies, easy cookie recipe, wedding cookies, no refined sugar, no egg recipe