Lemon Drop Cookies recipe was the fastest baking experience ever. This easy lemon drop cookie recipe can be made any time or any special occasion.
Lemon Drop Cookies Recipe
My family loves cookies and I prefer baking cookies from scratch rather than buying the expensive commercial cookies loaded with preservatives.
Making super easy recipes is always on my dessert menu. I try to make it my mission to find super easy recipes, and if there are NO eggs in the recipe then I’m ready to pre-heat the oven!
I recently came across this recipe I ripped out of a magazine ages ago (it has turned yellow from age) and I decided to try it.
This recipe took less than 35 minutes from start to finish to make one batch. Granted the recipe only makes 18 cookies, but when you want something a little sweet with your tea or coffee this is an easy go-to recipe.
When I was checking the ingredients for this recipe, I found quite a few recipes with similar ingredients were titled texture to the Mexican Wedding Cookie. Don’t let the length of the recipe scare you. The butter needs to be softened in advance, but you’ll have home baked cookies in no time flat.
Lemon Or Not . . .
If you do not like lemon, no worries, you can use any flavoring you prefer – orange, anise, mint, almond . . . well you get the idea. Or you can dip the cooled cookies in melted chocolate and skip the confectioners’ sugar.Print
Lemon Drop Cookies Recipe
Lemon Drop Cookies Recipe is quick and easy to make any time, any season, and great for bridal and baby showers. This quick & easy cookie makes a small batch of about 18 cookies. Don’t be shy, make a double batch! They’re delicious and refined sugar free.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 14-16 min.
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 18 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup all purpose King Arthur Flour
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit confectioners’ sugar (or your preferred sugar alternative)
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Monk Fruit confectioners’ sugar for dusting cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour and 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and add the lemon zest. Add in the softened butter and vanilla and blend. I use a fork to break down the butter into the flour and then use my hands to blend it all together. It only takes a minute or two (the dough will be very sticky).
- Using a small cookie scoop or a rounded teaspoonful drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten the dough a little to make the cookies similar in size so they will bake evenly.
- Bake until cookie bottoms are lightly golden brown, about 15 minutes. The cookies will NOT brown on top.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool. Add the remaining confectioners’ sugar to a plastic bag and when the cookies have cooled, after about 20 minutes, gently toss them in the sugar to coat.
- You can dress up the cookies with grated lemon peel before serving.
This is a shortbread style cookie similar to the Mexican Wedding Cookie, it’s a melt in your mouth cookie. You can use any flavors you wish, lemon, orange, anise, mint, etc.!
Keywords: Lemon Drop Cookies, easy cookie recipe, wedding cookies, no refined sugar, no egg recipe
Place in an airtight container for up to a week – if they last that long. When entertaining for special occasions, bridal and baby showers, this lemon drop cookie recipe is a great ‘make in advance’ recipe for the dessert table.