When you need a quick and easy party recipe this mushroom bacon appetizer recipe is one to make.
Mushroom Bacon Appetizer Recipe
Make this easy and delicious mushroom bacon appetizer recipe any time of year. Grill them in the summer, oven bake in the winter or bake them in the air fryer.
If you need a flexible recipe to add to your party menus, this mushroom bacon appetizer it ‘it’. They were so easy to prepare and even easier to eat. They are just the right size appetizer to serve for a large group or party.
When I started to prepare these everyone seemed to be hungry. I worked quickly to get the mushrooms wrapped while the grill was heating up. Since the boys were helping with the grill, they started eating these delicious mushroom bacon appetizers as soon as they were cooked.
Now you know this easy recipe is a winner when kids as well as adults are devouring them before they are plated. This is a recipe you should have in your recipe box.
Make these easy appetizers for a party. They are just the right appetizer for the party buffet. Make them for any holiday appetizer or family gathering. You might also enjoy this easy Spinach Cheese Roll Up Appetizers.Print
Mushroom Bacon Appetizer Recipe
Mushroom Bacon appetizer recipe is an easy to make for any occasion. These can be oven baked, grilled, or baked in the air fryer. A very easy recipe to make anytime of year.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 8-20 minutes
- Total Time: 35-45 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 12 bacon strips (cut in half)
- 1 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- Metal or wood skewers (soak wood skewers in water for 30 minutes before use)
- Wrap each mushroom with a slice of bacon secure with a toothpick.
- Place mushrooms onto skewers leaving about an inch at each end of skewer. The skewers just help to keep them together, though it’s not necessary if you do not have skewers. [If you do not have skewers, you can use tongs to turn them.]
- Brush the wrapped mushrooms with bbq sauce and grill over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until bacon is crisp and mushrooms are tender. Turn skewers and baste with bbq sauce every 3-5 minutes or as needed.
- AIR FRYER COOKING – Do NOT add barbecue sauce to the mushrooms in the air fryer. Cook at 330 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Half way through gently brush with a small amount of bbq sauce. When cooked, you can add more sauce as desired.
- Remove from grill when bacon is cooked to your liking. Plate and serve with additional BBQ sauce if you wish.
Cooking time will depend on the method of cooking. If oven baking, cooking time will be approximately 12-15 minutes. BBQ grilling takes 10-14 minutes. Air frying will take about 10-14 minutes- they will need to be turned halfway through cooking. All the times are “APPROXIMATE” – timing depends on the heat of your oven, BBQ grill, or air fryer.
Keywords: bacon, mushrooms, appetizer, game day snacks, easy recipe, grilled, baked recipe, air fryer recipe, party food
If you enjoy entertaining this is a recipe to add to your party food section. This recipe is a hit. I hope you have a chance to try them.
PLEASE SHARE &
*RECIPE AND PHOTOS UPDATED 2018