Summer is the best time to enjoy an easy to make Garden Fresh String Bean Tomato Salad.
My family usually doesn’t like anything green with their barbecue. I don’t know what they’re thinking — maybe “Go Meat!”.
Lucky for them I never give up serving greens to keep them honest. These string beans and grape tomatoes were hand picked by the boys right from their garden. So they have to eat them, right?
Not everyone has a garden, I realize that. However, in today’s global market we can always buy fresh string beans in our local markets most anytime of the year. We’ve made lots of progress since the 60’s and 70’s. That’s always a ‘good thing’.
With fresh string beans and tomatoes making a healthy salad couldn’t get any easier.
Here’s the scoop.Print
Garden Fresh String Bean Tomato Salad
A garden fresh string bean tomato salad is so very easy to make. If you have a summer garden with string beans and tomatoes this will be the star salad of the day. Even if you buy garden fresh string beans and tomatoes this is a simple salad that is perfect side for any meal.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 4-6 min.
- Total Time: 15-20 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb. fresh string beans, cleaned
- 1 quart or 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 TBLS. drizzle of olive oil
- 2-3 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Rinse the string beans in cold water and snap off the tips as needed.
- Steam in saucepot until tender about 2-3 minutes (check for tenderness with a fork).
- Microwave beans by placing in a large plastic bag with a tablespoon of water for 2-3 minutes.
- They are done when you can snap the bean in half easily. It will be tender.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place on top of the beans.
- Mix the oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, and any other condiments you choose and stir together well. (You can add more vinegar or oil, based on your preference.)
- Pour over the beans and tomatoes and chill until ready to serve.
Keywords: fresh garden salad, string beans, grape tomatoes, summer salad, green beans
Serve this easy and delicious garden fresh string bean tomato salad all summer. It goes with everything and anything grilled or oven baked.
PLEASE SHARE &