Easy Shrimp in Lemon Wine Sauce
- 1/2 lb. cleaned and deveined shrimp
- 1 package Buitoni fresh linguini or angel hair pasta
- 1 shallot chopped and/or chopped garlic
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 TBLS. olive oil
- 1-2 TBLS. fresh lemon juice (more or less as desired)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 TBLS. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley chopped
- Fill a pot with water big enough to cook the Buitoni pasta and turn it on so that it is boiling when you are ready to add the pasta (which is when your sauce is done and the shrimp are almost cooked).
- Heat a saute pan and add the olive oil. When oil is hot add the shallots and saute just until they are soft about a minute or 2. Then add the shrimp and saute them about 1 minute on each side. They will turn pink, but will not be cooked through. Remove them from the pan.
- Add tomatoes to the pan with the shallots let them cook about 3-4 minutes or just until they become soft.
- Now add the white wine, lemon juice and chicken broth and simmer for a minute or two until the flavors blend. Then add the shrimp and be sure that the heat is on very low.
- Put the Buitoni fresh pasta into the boiling water. It cooks in a few minutes, so be sure to time the cooking.
- Add a little of the fresh parsley, and a dab of butter to the saute pan and stir gently.
- Remove the cooked pasta from the water with tongs and place the pasta into the pan with the shrimp and gently stir together.
- By placing the undrained pasta into the sauce it gives the sauce body.
- You are ready to plate your shrimp and pasta and Mangia!