Risotto with Walnuts and Cranberries
Risotto with walnuts and cranberries is a delicious Fall Season recipe to add to your Thanksgiving menu. ‘Tis the cranberry season and making a cranberry risotto with walnuts adds crunch. No worries though, you can leave out the nuts if allergies are an issue. You can add in chopped apples with the cranberries.
- Prep Time: 5-8 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30-40 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tbls. butter
- 1 cup arborio rice (cooked according to the package directions)
- You can also substitute vegetable stock or apple cider for some of the liquid on the pkg. directions
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried cranberries or use fresh cranberries (add according to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 tbls. butter additional
- Cook the arborio rice according to the package directions.
- When adding the liquid you can substitute apple cider or vegetable stock.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking add in dried cranberries OR fresh cranberries
- Stir to combine and continue to cook then add in 2 additional tablespoons of butter and stir well.
- If using, add chopped walnuts to the top of the risotto when ready to serve.
Keywords: risotto, cranberry walnut risotto, Thanksgiving recipe, fall side dish, vegetarian recipe