Corned beef and Cabbage can be made in the slow cooker for easy prep. Add in some potatoes, carrots and cabbage and dinner is ready when you are.
With all the sales in our markets this week it’s the perfect time to prepare an economical meal for the family which can turn out to be a twofer.
With the leftovers you can make corned beef hash and/or Reuben Quesadillas. You now have breakfast and lunch for another day.
I cook with wine often, but not so much with beer. Though I do make a great chili (so I’ve been told) and beer is one of the ingredients I use.
This week I’m making my son-in-law’s very easy crock pot recipe for corned beef and cabbage with beer.
Corned Beef & Cabbage With Beer
- corned beef brisket (approx. 3 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 12 oz. bottle of stout beer
- 1 large yellow onion, halved
- 4 medium new potatoes
- 1 head of cabbage, cut in half or quarters depending on size of CrockPot.
- 3-4 carrots peeled and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 3-4 celery stalks cut in 2 inch pieces
You might enjoy an Irish Coffee after dinner.
Top O’ The Mornin’!