Corned beef and Cabbage can be made in the slow cooker for easy prep. Add in some potatoes, carrots and cabbage and dinner is ready when you are.
With all the sales in our markets this week it’s the perfect time to prepare an economical meal for the family which can turn out to be a twofer.
With the leftovers you can make corned beef hash and/or Reuben Quesadillas. You now have breakfast and lunch for another day.
I cook with wine often, but not so much with beer. Though I do make a great chili (so I’ve been told) and beer is one of the ingredients I use.
This week I’m making my son-in-law’s very easy crock pot recipe for corned beef and cabbage with beer.Print
Corned Beef & Cabbage With Beer
- Category: Dinner
- corned beef brisket (approx. 3 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 12 oz. bottle of stout beer
- 1 large yellow onion, halved
- 4 medium new potatoes
- 1 head of cabbage, cut in half or quarters depending on size of CrockPot.
- 3-4 carrots peeled and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 3-4 celery stalks cut in 2 inch pieces
Depending on the manufacturer recommendations for your slow cooker/crock pot add the vegetables accordingly.
- Rinse the beef completely in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the brown sugar over the entire corned beef, top, bottom and sides and place it in the crock pot. Pour the beer gently down the side of the pot. It will cover the meat.
- Add the vegetables.
- Cook according to the slow cooker/crock pot mfr’s. directions. I cooked mine on high for 4 hours.
You might enjoy an Irish Coffee after dinner.
Top O’ The Mornin’!