Corned beef and Cabbage can be made in the slow cooker for easy prep. Add in some potatoes, carrots and cabbage and dinner is ready when you are.
With all the sales in our markets this week it’s the perfect time to prepare an economical meal for the family which can turn out to be a twofer.
There are usually some leftovers with which you can make corned beef hash and/or Reuben Quesadillas. You now have breakfast and lunch for another day.
I cook with wine often, but not so much with beer. Though I do make a great chili (so I’ve been told) and beer is one of the ingredients I use.
This week I’m making my son-in-law’s very easy crock pot recipe for corned beef and cabbage with beer. The beer is an optional ingredient. You can leave it out, the recipe is still delicious to enjoy with your entire family.Print
Corned Beef & Cabbage With Beer
Corned Beef & Cabbage with beer is an easy recipe to make for St. Patrick’s Day dinner, Add the ingredients directly in the slow cooker, set it and forget it. Dinner will be ready when you are. The beer is optional, feel free to leave it out. It will not affect the delicious recipe.
- Prep Time: 7-10 min.
- Cook Time: 3-5 hrs. slow cook
- Total Time: 3-5 hrs. slow cooker
- Yield: approx. 4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- corned beef brisket (approx. 3 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 12 oz. bottle of stout beer (optional)
- 1 large yellow onion, halved
- 4 medium new potatoes
- 1 head of cabbage, cut in half or quarters depending on size of CrockPot.
- 3-4 carrots peeled and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 3-4 celery stalks cut in 2 inch pieces
Depending on the manufacturer recommendations for your slow cooker/crock pot add the vegetables accordingly.
- Rinse the beef completely in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the brown sugar over the entire corned beef, top, bottom and sides and place it in the crock pot. Pour the beer gently down the side of the pot. It will cover the meat.
- Add the vegetables.
- Cook according to the slow cooker/crock pot mfr’s. directions. I cooked mine on high for 4 hours.
Keywords: corned beef, cabbage, corned beef and cabbage, dinner, recipe, slow cooker
You might also enjoy an Irish Coffee after dinner.