Sugar Donut Muffin Assortment
Sugar Donut Muffin Assortment is an easy breakfast or snack recipe to make anytime. I made sugar coated muffins and cinnamon sugar muffins. A glazed donut muffin is also delicious and easy to do. This recipe was adapted from www.coffeemuffins.com
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 11-13 min.
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 1 dz. mini donuts
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup granulated Monk Fruit (use your preferred sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 3/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (or use your preferred milk, low fat is o.k.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For Sugar Topping:
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar or sugar in the raw + 1-2 TBLS. cinnamon
- 2 TBLS. butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In large bowl beat together the sugar and egg until light in color.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour this into the egg mixture and stir well to combine. Add in the oil, milk and vanilla extract and mix gently until all the flour is incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop add the batter to muffin cups.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Melt butter and set aside. In a small bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- For powdered sugar topping, add the powdered sugar to a baggie. Place the hot muffins in the bag and shake to cover the donuts. When the donuts cool, shake additional powdered sugar on them.
- When Muffins are bakedn brush the muffin with melted butter and immediately place into the cinnamon sugar — or top with sprinkles.
- You can make a sugar glaze – mix a little milk with powdered sugar and spread on cooled muffins. Serve with a side of jelly.
Keywords: baked donut muffins, easy recipe, breakfast muffins, cinnamon sugar doughnut muffins