Marshmallow Witches is an fun and very easy Halloween DIY project you can do with the kids.
How cute are these little marshmallow witches with their cookie and Hershey Kiss hats. Make these with the kids, it’s a fun project and it’s very easy with very little mess. It’s a great way to make lasting memories in the kitchen.
With grandchildren in grade school, Halloween is “the” holiday. Every day the boys come up with a new idea for a costume.
They love any kind of Halloween inspired sweet. It does not really matter whether it’s candy, cake or cookies.
And of course all that commercial packaging pulls them right in. The marketers know what they are doing . . .
To keep the kids engaged and in my zone I look for easy to do crafts and activities. They think I’m cool especially when we make a mess.
It’s so much more fun when I can entertain them and make them laugh and then I go home when I’m done. (What a way to get out of cleaning up!) This actually is an easy DIY and does not really make much of a mess.
Basic Ingredients Needed: large marshmallows, chocolate wafer cookies, Hershey Kisses, and chocolate chips. Mix together a little powdered sugar with a few drops of water, stir well, and this is the glue you will use for assembling.Print
A Halloween DIY treat you can make with the kids. These are great for a party or make only a couple at a time for a snack.
- Prep Time: 20-35 min.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
Use as many or few marshmallows as you wish. We made these throughout the month making only 6 or 7 at a time.
- Large Marshmallows
- Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Chocolate Kisses
- Mini Chocolate Chips (the amount depends on how many hats you will make)
- All you need are marshmallows – the large size if available;
- chocolate cookies, chocolate kisses (remove from foil), and chocolate chips.
- Lay out the marshmallows, chocolate wafer cookies and chocolate kisses.
- Place the mini chocolate chips in a small dish.
- Make a little royal icing with powdered sugar and water – about 2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar and a drop or two of water is enough to glue the pieces on to the marshmallows.
- Place a drop of icing on top of marshmallow and immediately place a chocolate cookie on to. Let it dry for a minute or two.
- Unwrap the kisses and place a drop of icing on the bottom of the kiss and place on to the cookie.
- Let that dry.
- Using a toothpick place a drop of icing on the bottom of the mini chips and place on the front of the marshmallow for the eyes and nose.
The yield on this DIY Halloween Marshmallow Witches is based on how many marshmallows you will use. It’s all up to you. Make dozens or just a few. It’s a fun fall DIY #kidsinthekitchen project.
Keywords: Halloween DIY, Halloween Marshmallow Witches, easy recipe to make anytime #kidsinthekitchen
We had so much fun making these and eating the marshmallows and candy before we finished our little witches. We only had a few left when we were done.
These marshmallow witches will make an adorable display on the table for any Halloween or birthday party during this season. This is a must make fun DIY for the kids to do at the party.
You can make dozens in no time at all. Or just make a few for a quick snack.