An easy family dinner to make is this skillet pork chops with apples recipe and a light gravy. It can take 30 minutes or less.
Skillet Pork Chops with Apples Recipe
When days are over scheduled and hectic I always look for an easy meal to make. This delicious skillet pork chops recipe with sliced apples has a light gravy that is a delicious topping for potatoes.
I can’t imagine anyone not wanting to make dinner in 30 minutes or less. I’m always raising my hand, yes me!
If you have time early in the day you can prepare this recipe up to the searing of the pork chops. Set it aside in the fridge. When you are ready to prepare your dinner, remove the pan from the fridge and place on the stove. Turn on the heat to medium and let it simmer. Make the brown gravy add to the pan and dinner will ready in no time.
This is simple meal to prepare. Pork chops sautéd with apples has a light sauce made with the broth and added apple juice. Apple juice helps to tenderize the pork chops and makes the meal extra special. A side of rice with peas and onions, or maybe mashed potatoes topped with the gravy. Sounds good already. Add a tossed salad and your family will enjoy a delicious dinner after a long day.
This recipe will serve two or three. You can increase the ingredients to serve more. It’s flexible and you can add any other ingredients that suit your tastes.
Sometimes just reading a recipe can make it look more complicated. Here’s a quick “to do” for this recipe, it’s simple:
- peel apples and sauté them for a few minutes
- then sauté pork chops
- add broth to chops & apple juice with apples. Then simmer till done!
Here is the recipe I used.Print
Skillet Pork Chops with Sautéd Apples
Skillet Pork Chops with sautéd Apples is an easy weeknight meal. An apple or two with your favorite cut of pork chops and dinner is ready in 30-40 minutes.
- Prep Time: 12-14 min.
- Cook Time: 7-15 min.
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 4 boneless pork chops less than 1/2 inch thick
- 1-2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbls. butter
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp. water & 1/2 tsp. flour (to make a slurry to thicken sauce)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the pork chops with pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet and add the butter. When butter is hot add the apples and cook for about 2 minutes. Don’t over cook because they will continue to cook later with the chops.
- Remove the apples and set aside. Add a little olive oil to the pan if needed when the oil is hot sear the pork chops on both sides until lightly browned — approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
- When all the chops are browned add the apples to the pan with the pork chops. Stir in the broth and apple juice. Cover and simmer for 7-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chops.
- Make a slurry with the water and flour to thicken the sauce if you desire. Stir the flour mixture into the pan to blend well and add salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens. If you don’t want to thicken the sauce then just add the salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Keywords: pork chops, family dinner, sauted apples, easy recipe
When I’m tired of making the same ol’ chicken I always make this skillet pork chops with apples recipe. A bonus is if you make this in the fall when apples are abundant you can make Homemade Apple Sauce Recipe as a side dish to go with this as well.