Over the years I realized it’s way too much work to cook for a large crowd when I was commuting to work everyday. I’d rather make cookies and desserts.
Each Tuesday for the next 3 weeks I’ll post an easy to prepare recipe. My first recipe is a chocolate chip cookie that you can make and clean up in one hour or less. It will take a little longer if you dip the cookies in chocolate.
This is a flexible recipe. You can use chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries or nuts. And you can even dip the cookies in chocolate as I did (my fav). This is easy to prepare and you can make the cookies this week and freeze them until game day.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 TBL. vegetable or canola oil & 2 TBL. water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional white chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries – if you use two of any of these items use 1/2 cup of each)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or your choice (optional)
- don’t over-bake the cookies if you like a chewy cookie. If they bake too long they will be a crispy cookie.
- If you like chocolate, dip the cookies in melted chocolate. Set aside on wax paper while the chocolate sets.
- Place the chocolate covered cookies in a plastic container with waxed paper between each layer. Freeze until game day. Remove from freezer at least 4 hours before game starts.