Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Category: Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 TBL. vegetable or canola oil & 2 TBL. water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional white chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries – if you use two of any of these items use 1/2 cup of each)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or your choice (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees — use parchment lined cookie sheet for easy cleanup
- In a medium bowl blend together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and both sugars until light and airy (1-2 minutes). Add in the oil, water and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Slowly add in the flour a little at a time and blend well. Add in the chocolate chips and nuts if desired and mix with a wooden spoon just until all blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on parchment lined cookie sheet. Press down to slightly flatten and bake in 350 degree oven approximately 10 minutes, or just until the cookie is set in the middle and lightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool on wire racks.
Makes approximately 36 cookies