An easy to make snack for any occasion that takes only a quick 30 minutes to make is the delicious Churros recipe.
Since Churros are so easy to make they are great for any party snack or on family movie night.
Although this is not a ‘make-in-advance’ recipe it’s one that is fun to make with a helper or two.
If you are having a game day gathering I guarantee you will have a few volunteers. Guests are always so willing to help and this would be fun to make and enjoy together. The clean up will be a breeze with all the helpers.
A fun game-day snack for super bowl or any game day you host a party this recipe is great for a sweet treat.
Let’s just say that the one thing I do enjoy about football is the entertaining.
A few popular dishes served on game day are spicy wings, chili, potato skins and nachos which are all my favorites. I would have to make all of these if I was entertaining a large crowd.
This recipe is from my son-in-law. He is a great cook and is always tweaking recipes. This is one recipe he and my daughter worked on for their ‘perfect’ churro.Print
This Churros Recipe is an easy snack for any occasion, game day, snow day or any day. This is a great Super Bowl dessert to make as well.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBLS. butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. granulated Monk Fruit sugar
- Avocado oil for frying
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup granulated Monk Fruit sugar and 1-2 TBLS. cinnamon (mix this in a large plastic freezer bag) and set aside for dredging.
- Pour about 1 inch avocado oil in frying pan and heat to 350 degrees. Have it ready so you can add the dough as soon as it’s hot.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat water, butter, salt and sugar to boil. Immediately add the flour mixture and stir until mixture forms ball. Remove from heat.
- Put dough in either a pastry bag with a star tip or use a plastic freezer bag and cut one corner off about ½″ to ¾″ to pipe the dough into the hot oil. Make the strips approximately 4 inches long, or a length you desire.
- Cook in the hot oil until lightly browned and turning to be sure they are evenly browned. They cook quickly – approx. 2 minutes – but it depends on the thickness of the dough.
- Drain churros on paper towels and while still hot roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Keywords: Churros, snack, party food, dessert
Traditionally Mexican churros are served with a spicy Mexican hot chocolate – the perfect hot drink to serve on a cold wintery day.
You can also enjoy these on family movie night. This is a fun family recipe to make together, then sit back and enjoy the movie. Or make them any time you have a ‘snack attack’.