This Churros Recipe is an easy snack for any occasion, game day, snow day or any day. This is a great Super Bowl dessert to make as well.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBLS. butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. granulated Monk Fruit sugar
- Avocado oil for frying
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup granulated Monk Fruit sugar and 1-2 TBLS. cinnamon (mix this in a large plastic freezer bag) and set aside for dredging.
- Pour about 1 inch avocado oil in frying pan and heat to 350 degrees. Have it ready so you can add the dough as soon as it’s hot.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat water, butter, salt and sugar to boil. Immediately add the flour mixture and stir until mixture forms ball. Remove from heat.
- Put dough in either a pastry bag with a star tip or use a plastic freezer bag and cut one corner off about ½″ to ¾″ to pipe the dough into the hot oil. Make the strips approximately 4 inches long, or a length you desire.
- Cook in the hot oil until lightly browned and turning to be sure they are evenly browned. They cook quickly – approx. 2 minutes – but it depends on the thickness of the dough.
- Drain churros on paper towels and while still hot roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Keywords: Churros, snack, party food, dessert