Claudia from What’s Cookin’ Italian Style recently posted a recipe for a microwaved chocolate cake in a coffee cup.
The recipe looked very easy and of course who could resist digging into your very own chocolate cake.
I just had to try it and now I’m eating this delicious, velvety chocolate cake out of my big fat mug while I’m writing this post.
I had to make two cakes because I overcooked the first one. A big lesson learned when microwaving – I should have paid attention to Claudia’s helpful tips here when I was in such a rush to make this delicious cake.
Here’s the recipe I used for my Personal Microwaved Chocolate Cake. The recipe worked and it was just as delicious.
Chocolate Cake for One (Mug Cake)
- 3 1/2 TBLS. all purpose flour, sifted
- 3 TBLS. brown sugar
- 2 TBLS. cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking powder + another pinch
- pinch salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 TBLS. milk
- 3 TBLS. oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 TBLS. chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Beat the egg in a separate dish and add the milk and oil and stir to blend. Then add it to the dry ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients well and add the vanilla. I then added the chocolate chips.
- Coat the inside of a large mug with non-stick cooking spray and pour in the batter, using a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1: 45 minutes.
Keep in mind all microwaves are different, mine is 1500 watts. If you use your microwave often you can probably judge timing for the cake.
Claudia, thank you so much for this terrific recipe. LUV IT!!!!!!