Coconut Brunch Cake Anytime
Coconut Brunch Cake Any Time is an easy one bowl recipe. It’s an easy cake you can dress up for a party or family brunch. Possibilities are endless, limited only by your imagination.
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 50-60 min.
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3/4 cup granulated Lakanto Monk Fruit
- 1 cup coconut milk (or use whole milk)
- 1 1/2 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1-2 cups shredded coconut
- Use either a large loaf pan 10 x 6 x 2, or an 8 x 8 glass baking dish, which is what I used. Butter the pan generously, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl use a wire whisk to beat the eggs with the lemon zest for about 30 seconds or until the eggs are a little foamy. Add the sugar, 1 cup of flour, baking powder and milk and mix well with the whisk just until blended. Add the remaining ½ cup of flour and mix just until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan scraping the sides of the bowl to get all the batter in the pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Turn the oven to 350 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the cake springs back and the sides of the cake pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove from pan and cool the cake on a rack for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Make a glaze to pour over the top of the cake and add the shredded coconut tapping into glaze and then sprinkle a little lemon zest over the coconut if desired.
Keywords: Brunch Cake, Coconut cake, Easy Everyday Cake Recipe, Special Occasion Cake