Coconut and Chocolate Chip cookies are just in time for Spring.
I’ve been in a cookie baking frenzy lately. It could be that Spring has finally arrived, upcoming family gatherings that are planned, and yes I admit, it’s my sugar craving.
I like homemade desserts and sweets. So I’m happy to be baking cookies and cakes and I usually make extra for us to snack on with our tea and coffee.
We have also been enjoying coconut lately so I decided to add it to my cookies. They were very yummy!
This is a very easy recipe I found on all recipes.com which I adapted for my cookies.
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup Stevie In the Raw (or use your preferred sweetener)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup flaked coconut (you can use either sweetened or unsweetened coconut)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
- In medium bowl cream the butter and both sugars until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla and the agave nectar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until blended and stir in the coconut if using, and chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop and drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
Sugar glaze the cookies, this is the best part, and add the shredded coconut while the glaze is still wet.
To make a glaze just add 2 cups of powdered sugar to a small bowl and slowly add 1/2 teaspoon of water and mix well. Add drops of water as needed until the glaze is just thick enough to spread on the cookies.
I do want to be sure to let you know you can eliminate the coconut. Make the cookie recipe and top the cookies with melted chocolate then add sprinkles if that’s what will make everyone smile.
These are yummy, I mean delicious! I forget I’m grammy when I eat cookies.
If you like coconut you might enjoy these cookie recipes: